- Your insurance policy number and the date of the incident
- Any photos you have
- Police reports
- Any correspondence relating to the claim
- Location of the incident
- Names and contacts of any service providers you used to assist you
- Any invoices or list of costs you may have incurred
- Receipts for lost or damaged items
- Contact information where you can be reached
Your premium is determined by a number of factors, which include your claims history. Since every scenario is different, you will need to discuss this with your broker to get more information.
Our claims professionals will work with you to go through the details of the incident and research the costs to repair or replace your damaged property. We will then review your policy to determine how much of your claim can be paid based on your coverage. If for any reason your loss isn’t covered, we will discuss your options at that time.
We would all like to see your claim settled as quickly as possible, but how long depends on a number of factors. Some claims can be closed within one phone call, whereas some of the more complex ones can take much longer. The best way to speed up your claim is to provide as much information to us as quickly as possible so that we can start working with you towards the proper resolution of your claim.